Commission President Bettye Fine Collins released a schedule of cuts along with a press release Friday morning.
Some of the cuts include:
- closing the county indigent nursing home;
- cease recruiting new businesses;
- ceasing building inspections;
- terminating discretionary contracts with developers and industries;
- closing all satellite courthouses;
- postponing opening the new Bessemer courthouse;
- and reducing the county vehicle fleet.
The proposed cuts include a list of resolutions terminating road maintenance contracts with cities throughout the county.
Earlier this week, Commission President Bettye Fine Collins said that the county coffers would be empty within 30 days if drastic cuts were not made.
Circuit Judge David Rains ruled this week that the county could not continue to use the occupational tax while the issue is on appeal.
For a PDF of the county's proposed cuts, click here.
PREVIOUSLY: Collins orders 33 percent cuts.